Monday, October 17, 2011

What will you do with it?


On Saturday I attended a workshop with Margaret le Roux. It was at a wonderful venue where we were surrounded by mountains. In our kit was 6 bags . In every bag was a black felt square. Some beads and embroidery threads in some bags, charms and ribbons, a silk flower and organza butterfly in another.

 We completed a square every hour to produce this lovely creations.

I enjoyed the day tremendously and show off my creations to everyone who want to look. The question they all ask was : "What will you do with it?" Margaret showed us how she display her "twinchies" in a type of "printers" tray/frame. She used them in a chatelaine and in special cards. So luckily I could tell them what one could do with it.

What will I do with it? I will look at it and enjoy it. I will be inspired by it. I will learn about the possibilities that are available in a few beads, charms, a piece of wool. I will dream about how I can apply what I have learned in my Quilts. I will look for opportunities to add some beads and other treasures to my quilts. I will investigate the possibilities to add to my quilts  more layers of interesting stuff. I will be able to mesmerize and intrigue the viewers of my quilts. I will be able to add complexity to my quilts.

I am charmed with my charms.

6 comments:

  1. Ze zijn prachtig geworden. De dingen die je maakt hoeven niet altijd een functie te hebben. Er naar kijken en er van leren en er inspiratie van opdoen is genoeg.
    Rose-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness - this is gorgeous!! I had to laugh because my daughter used to ask me, when I made a piece of art, "what are you going to do with it?" I rolled my eyes -- what a question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Marie',
    These embroidered tiles are beautiful. I admire you for working on your Diary Farm. As a young child I had to get the cows in and prepare for milking so I could have a churn of milk! I love the nature of cows to this day. Thank you also for visiting quilters Cottage.
    Best wishes,
    Jane C

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely stunning! I love all of them. I would put them where I could see them and enjoy them everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very inspiring! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...